Re: go7007 patch for 3.2.11

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 04:45:00PM +0400, volokh wrote:
> Good day.
>
> I`ve Angelo PCI-MPG24 (Adlink manufacture) video capture grubber with
> go7007&tw2804 on board.
>
> I am video surveillance developer (through web,tcp,etc net), so I`m
> interest with well quality(stability) of this card driver.So this patch
> improve some part of driver,eg tuning,motion detection, etc.
>
> There are two attachments, so patch19032012.tar.bz2 is patch for kernel,
> and other one is patch for testing card.
>
> I send it for you with hope this patch will be assign in new kernels.

go7007 is handled by the linux-media people these days, not us.

Anyway, the patch needs to be submitted in the proper way so we can
save the raw email and apply it like this:
	cat raw_email.txt | git am
or
	cat raw_email.txt | patch -P1

Send the patch to yourself first and verify that it applies.

Read Documentation/SubmittingPatches.  There are bunch of tutorials
on how to submit patches online as well.
http://www.tuxradar.com/content/newbies-guide-hacking-linux-kernel

regards,
dan carpenter