RE: [staging-media-next 10/11] easycap: drop usb_class_driver

> If you have dropped file_operations then easycap_open_noinode is
> completely useless, you can just change easycap_open to receive just struct
> file*.

That's correct,  it didn't escape my attention I just I need to review the whole v4l2_ops anyway in different patch so I didn't want to mix it.

> I would send a patch, but I don't know if I have to base it on this patches or
> on a fresh staging-next tree.

If you want to fix this particular issue I guess it's okay to send it on top of these patches.

> Plus, I was fooling around with my easycap device and I got a kernel Ooops.
> Any suggestions/links on how to debug this kind of failure?

I guess the issue is somewhere in usb handling  as it is not so stable in this driver

Thanks
Tomas