Need Info about Adding new Kernel Module source code to Linux Kernel Tree

Dear All,

I am trying to find out the procedure or steps involved for adding a new Linux device driver source code to Linux Kernel Tree.
Please help me to find the info.

1.      How to get Linux Community approval for our device driver?
2.      I read somewhere that GIT is the revision control system used by Linux Driver Developers. How to add our driver source code to GIT repository?  I assume there is some strict validation involved as non-working or improperly validated source code should not be added to the kernel source. So, what is the validation and approval process involved?
3.      While searching for info, I came across below 2 links, which were told that, they give full information on how to start with Linux community as a new person.
                     http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Main_Page
                     http://ldn.linuxfoundation.org/book/how-participate-linux-community

But both these links are down and show below text:

"Linux Foundation infrastructure including LinuxFoundation.org, Linux.com, and their subdomains are down for maintenance due to a security breach that was discovered on September 8, 2011. The Linux Foundation made this decision in the interest of extreme caution and security best practices. We believe this breach was connected to the intrusion on kernel.org. ..."

Thanks and Regards,
Sahana

::DISCLAIMER::