Re: [RFC] Move brcm80211 to mainline

Hi,

On 7 July 2011 16:46, Henry Ptasinski <henryp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We're looking at BE MIPS, and I sent some cards to Benjamin Herrenschmidt so he
> can test on PPC platforms.

BE MIPS currently doesn't compile (at least for me); the R_REG/W_REG
macros try to use ^ with pointers[1], which my gcc flags as errors.
Adding a cast to unsigned long silences the error, but I didn't yet
confirm whether this is the correct way of fixing it, and if it
actually works for 32 and 64 bit.

I would send a patch, but it might take some days until I come around
to creating/testing it - I don't mind if you fix it yourself.
Hopefully I can then even give a short status report how it works on
BE MIPS, after I finally got the PCIe working on my bcm6328 with a
bcm4313 ;-).

Jonas

[1] <http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging-2.6.git;a=blob;f=drivers/staging/brcm80211/brcmsmac/types.h;h=bbf21897ae0e32137c7f38bbabf5159a31b4cda7;hb=refs/heads/staging-next#l307>
and below