Re: Marvell D2Plug

>> cpu specific:
>> - add support for openocd
>> - add support for iperf/oprofile
>> arch specific:
>> - soc clocks
>> - idt clock generator driver
>> - power management (cpuidle, cprufreq, suspend to dram, suspend to disk)
>
> So all of the cpu specific stuff is going to be handled already, right?
yes, that's right

>> drivers:
>> - LCD. Marvell's implementation at drivers/video/marvell/. the
>> in-kernel pxa168 should re-used here.
>
> This is handled, right?
yes, that was suggested by Lennert Buytenhek (the author of pxa168)
who also familiar with dove.

>> - Disaply driver for the adi9889 (HDMI transmitter). Marvell's
>> impelmentation at drivers/video/display/adi9889
>
> So this is already done?
out implementation here doesn't follow linux coding style, so this
driver need to be re-written

>> - Audio I2S. controller similar to Kirkwood, need to reuse the
>> sound/soc/kirkwood/.
>> - Audio AC97. controller similar to pxa socs. need to reuse the pxa2xx
>> sound driver.
>> Â (the D2Plug doesn't use this interface)
>
> What are the differences between the existing drivers and the hardware
> that requires changes to these drivers?
the I2S hardware is the same as in kirkwood, so all needed here is to
do device registration and to create dove specific board setup file.
the AC97 also the same on found in pxa, so what we need here is to
make this driver common between pxa and dove

>> - Camera, controller similar to the Cafe pci card. need to reuse cafe_ccic.
>> Â (the D2Plug doesn't use this interface)
>
> So we don't need this, right?
neither D2Plug nor any of out customer that I'm aware of uses this
interface, so meanwhile we don't need it.

>> - NAND, controller based on pxa nand. but alot of features needed.
>> Marvell's implementation:
>> arch/arm/plat-orion/mv_hal_drivers/mv_hal/nfc/mvNfc.*
>> drivers/mtd/nand/orion_nfc_hal.c
>
> So this is already done?
this driver is not ready for mainline merge as it also doesn't conform
to linux coding style, so this driver need to be re-written.

>> - USB host mode supported, need to support dove specific phy settings.
>> Marvell's implementation drivers/usb/host/ehci-orion.c
>
> So this is done?
our patches to this driver very close to linux coding style, a little
cleanup need to be done here to make it ready

>> - USB device mode, should reuse the fsl_usb2_udc as it seems we have same ip.
>
> Good, just a new device id then?
this is platform driver (not pci), so platform driver registration is
needed, also dove specific phy setting need to be added (it will be
great if that can be share with the host mode code).

>> - I2C, supported by i2c-mv64xxx. new few features needed. Kostya
>> already posted patches for it
>> - Thermal sensor. new driver needed, Marvell's implementation
>> arch/arm/mach-dove/hwmon.c
>> - Sata, supported by sata_mv
>> - Giga, supported by mv643xx_eth
>> - PCIe, supported by arch/arm/plat-orion/pcie.c
>> - Xor engine, supported by drivers/dma/mv_xor.c
>> - SDIO: sdhci compatible
>> - RTC: supported by mv-rtc
>>
>> - power Management, almost for all drivers.
>
> It's a good start of a list, but I think we need more specifics,
> including data sheets and hardware, before we can do more.
sure, boards should be available end of this month, Marvell still
working on disclosed version of the data sheet of the board and soc.