Re: Marvell D2Plug

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 10:57:59AM +0300, saeed bishara wrote:
> Hi all,
>     Marvell is looking to improve the mainline support of its new plug
> (http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/c-8-d2plug.aspx)
>   this plug is based on the ARMADA 510 SoC
> (http://www.marvell.com/products/processors/applications/armada_500/Marvell_Armada510_SoC.pdf),
> we have added basic support to this SoC into mainline kernel (under
> arch/arm/mach-dove), but there still a lot of features/drivers
> missing, and we would like to work with community developers on this.
>    Right now Marvell is working on disclosed version of the spec of
> this SoC, and will provide need information for developers. and we are
> ready to send - for free - some D2plugs for active developers those
> willing to contribute.
>    as I said, the mainline have basic support for this SoC (aka dove),
> but there are a lot of drivers/features that missing: lcd driver,
> power management, nand driver, etc. so if you are interested in
> pushing those features to mainline, please let me know.

Sure, I'd be glad to help out here.

Do you have a pointer to where those drivers are at now?  Moving them
into staging, and then cleaning them up and merging them into the main
tree shouldn't be that hard of a task.

And of course, hardware to actually test the code out on would be
greatly appreciated.

thanks,

greg k-h