[RFC] Snappy compressor for Linux Kernel (specifically, zram)

Hello,

After Google open sources a fast compression library they wrote
(http://code.google.com/p/snappy/) I've ported it to C with the
intention of using it with zram within linux, instead of LZO. The code
is BSD licensed and copyrighted by Google. I am not affiliated with
them.
I am interested in getting this into the mainline tree, if there is
interest from users.
Since zram itself is in staging directory and the code I ported
probably needs a bit more work before it's up to the kernel's
standards (I'm new to kernel development and it shows signs of being
originally written in C++ for userspace), I thought maybe getting it
into staging would be the right way.

I have a comparison between LZO and Snappy of perf profiles of
untaring a big tarball onto an ext4 fs on zram, dropping caches and
reading the files back.
They show a compelling difference in cpu usage:
https://github.com/zeevt/csnappy/

I have patches that apply to 2.6.39-rc3 at:
https://github.com/zeevt/csnappy/raw/master/linux_2_6_39-rc3_csnappy.patch
https://github.com/zeevt/csnappy/raw/master/linux_2_6_39-rc3_zram.patch

I'm interested in what you think about the idea, whether this is the
right mailing list for it, and how to get this submitted, reviewed and
pulled. And improved, certainly.

regards,
-Z.T.