Re: staging: pi433: Possible bug in rf69.c

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 07:38:41PM +0200, Marcus Wolf wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> don't know, wether that's best option.

What is?

> With that procedure, it will be very hard, to integrate large patches, if
> the owner of the patch isn't dealing with kernel source in his daily
> business and thus isn't able to react on new releases within no time.
>
> I've seen the release of 4.15rc1 on Tuesday and already pulled the new head.
> But I am busy with my customer (proprietary software for an really ancient
> µC), so I won't be able to prepare my patches before weekend.
>
> The patches will touch almost every function in rf69.c, since they change
> some basic concepts over there.

Then send large patch series if you are doing lots of work, I can handle
them easily, and you can easily rebase and update if not all of them
apply.

The "don't touch a file because I am going to be making future changes"
is what has killed other open source projects[1].  There's a reason Linux
has been doing so well :)

thanks,

greg k-h

[1] Seriously, this is what has caused other open source operating
systems to quickly loose developers and advances.