Re: Destaging most drivers

On 20.10.2017 09:10, Greg KH wrote:
On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 12:15:56PM +0530, PrasannaKumar Muralidharan wrote:
Hi Christian,

It has been a couple of years since most was added to the staging
tree. Except for review the TODO list does not mention things that are
required to destage it. Wondering why most is still in staging tree.

Did you see the big set of patches that were just posted to the list a
few days ago for this subsystem?

Look at them for an example of what still needs to be done :)

Any specific reason why you are asking this?  Do you use these drivers?

thanks,

greg k-h

Hi Prasanna,

the reason why the TODO file doesn't list anything, is because by
the time we initially committed the driver upstream, we didn't know
what work is really necessary to move the sources out of staging.
(We would love to see this file being touched, btw)

That's why the file only mentions that the sources need to be reviewed
by Greg.

We try to fix up things step by step. And the next step is (besides
functional fixes) to clean up the driver's appearance in the source
tree and to make use of the kernel's device model, which we currently
ignore. That's the patch set Greg is mentioning.

regards,
Chris