Re: New Driver for electrical energy measurement

Hi Christian,

On 12 July 2017 at 17:48, Christian Gromm <christian.gromm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Microchip is planning to introduce a driver for a new companion chip series
> capable of electical energy measurement. However, we are not sure which
> location in the source tree is the most suitable. First thought was to put
> it into /drivers/powercap. But now we are in discussions whether it would
> make even more sense to introduce a new driver for electrical energy
> measuring or monitoring.

May be IIO subsystem will help.

Look at the following links for more info:
1. http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/lceu15_baluta.pdf
2. https://archive.fosdem.org/2012/schedule/event/693/127_iio-a-new-subsystem.pdf
3. https://wiki.analog.com/software/linux/docs/iio/iio

Regards,