Re: What is the minimum quality needed for drivers to move out of staging?

On Fri, Oct 08, 2010 at 11:14:24AM +0530, PRASANNA KUMAR wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> I am not having any questions about specific driver. Microsoft is having a set
> of test cases for drivers which each driver must pass. If we could have some
> test cases to ensure the quality of the driver (for each device class) it will
> be much helpful for the users (personal and commercial) as they could know that
> their hardware will work as intended by them.

Do you feel that our criteria is somehow not as rigorous as other
operating systems?

I think you will find wide objection to that by anyone who has written
drivers for both operating systems, as the Linux rules and requirements
are much more strict than anything else.

good luck,

greg k-h