Re: Detecting the IPOD as HID device

2010/8/25 Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 09:29:50PM +0530, Sandeep G.R wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>>              I have an iPOD and when connect to my linux host(ubuntu 10.04)
>> by default it will detect as usb mass storage i need to write a driver so
>> that when the iPOD is connected to the linux host the device should change
>> its configuration from mass storage to HID device.
>
> Why would you want to do that?
>
> And what type of HID device?  Does the ipod export a HID device
> interface already?

Yes, it does. My ipod classic has two configurations - one is normal usb-storage
and the second one has audio and HID ifaces. The HID EP doesn`t seem to
send any events and the audio says "cannot get freq at ep 0x81" so it`s not very
useful at the moment.

>> How do i proceed with this. Whether i need to change the
>> bInterfaceClass to USB_CLASS_HID or else any other methods. Any
>> suggestion would be great.

Do you know what these additional interfaces do ? I`m eager to learn myself.

Br,
Maciej Grela