Re: Linux Driver for NXP SAA7154

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 05:28:43PM +0100, Andreas Feuersinger wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I work for a very small startup developing arm based embedded systems.
> We are going to use the NXP SAA7154 Multistandard video decoder with
> comb filter, component input and RGB output chip. The chip provides
> some improvements of the SAA7119 chip which is (partially?) supported
> by the mainline Linux kernel.
> The major improvement of interest for us would be:
>
> * De-interlacing for progressive displays
>
> Unfortunately there is no Linux driver I know of.

Hm, you might want to ask this on the linux-media mailing list at:
	linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
as the developers there might already have this working in their
development tree.

If not, and they don't look like they are working on this, please let us
know and we will be glad to look into it.

thanks,

greg k-h