Re: staging/dream header file

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Greg KH<greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 8:35 AM, Randy Dunlap<rdunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > staging/dream/gpio_*.c all do:
>> > #include <linux/gpio_event.h>
>> >
>> > where is that file?
>
> As I outlined in my big "summary of the staging tree", it seems that
> Google has no plans to help merge any of the staging/android/ code
> into the main kernel tree.
>
> Because of this, and due to stuff like this (come on Pavel, send me
> patches that build), I'm seriously considering dropping all of
> drivers/staging/android/ at the moment for the .32 kernel merge.
>
> Brian, any objection to this?

Greg,

We actually are very interested, but are not likely to have
significant time to devote to this until mid-late october due to
schedule pressure for various shipping-this-fall projects.  We tend to
have a bit of a lull between October and January and my hope is to get
a bunch of patches cleaned up and out there in this timeframe -- we'll
also be rebasing our development branches on the latest mainline
kernel during this time.

I'm also working to get an engineer dedicated (20% or more time) to
contribution-to-mainline efforts on an on-going basis in the near
future, to help improve responsiveness here.

Brian