on patch "DVB: add firesat driver" in staging.git

Stefan Richter wrote:
> This means that firesat needs to be ported to the new stack eventually.
> The question remains if that should be done before mainline submission
> or after.  I tend to the latter,

http://forum.digital-everywhere.com/viewforum.php?f=34 shows that people
are eager to test the driver.  One user even posted an own small fixup
patch there.  I.e. we should get it into mainline sooner rather than
later.  A conversion to the new firewire stack would be easier after
mainline merge anyway, from the development POV.

Mauro, did the status regarding the driver's interface with the DVB
subsystem change since your comment in April?
http://driverdev.linuxdriverproject.org/pipermail/devel/2008-April/000382.html
--
Stefan Richter