State of Linux webcam support

On 09:39 Sat 29 Sep 2007, Michel Xhaard wrote:
> Le Vendredi 28 Septembre 2007 20:01, Greg KH a ?crit?:

> > > Actually I've been toying with the idea to work on the UVC webcam driver
> > > to make it suitable for upstream / mainstream kernel merging. I haven't
> > > contacted the UVC developers about this yet, as I've been swamped with
> > > other stuff.
> >
> > There is already a developer, Brandon (on the CC:) who is actively
> > working on this.  You might want to work with him, if he needs any help.
> > His response might be delayed as he is traveling this weekend across
> > the globe...
>
> Is Brandon working with the Linux UVC team ? You should forward to the
> uvcvideo mailing list !!

Yes, I will once I have working patches :) I took a quick detour to
fix up the vivi driver against the latest videobuf code.

	  http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mchehab/videobuf/

The two things that need to be done to get UVC in are moving to
videobuf instead of using uvc_queue.c and moving the ioctls to
video_ioctl2.

Cheers,

	Brandon