Kick off the Linux Driver Project (again, this time for real)

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 19:32 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> You are getting this message because you have expressed interest in the
> Linux Driver project.  I have set up a mailing list for this, which
> everyone is now subscribed to.  If you want off of the list, just follow
> the directions at the bottom of this message, or email me directly, I'll
> be glad to take you off.

Terrific. Thanks for your efforts Greg.

As a matter of infrastructure, I'm wondering whether the newly released
Novell "Policy Forge" site might be a very useful tool for coordinating
some of these efforts.   You can check it out here:

http://developer.novell.com/forge/bin/view/NovellForge

Briefly, Policy Forge is a controlled access Forge site, hosted at
Novell.  It provides registered members with a private:

* bugzilla
* subversion repository
* wiki
* ftp site
* mailing lists

I am using it very successfully for my, err, 'day job' on a project
involving 8 [hard|soft]ware vendors and the customer with a mix of
proprietary and GPL code.

Given the sensitive nature of some of the projects, this might provide
the necessary access controls needed for development purposes.

Best,
-PWM