LDP and comedi

On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 12:19:31PM -0400, Frank Mori Hess wrote:
> On Friday 26 October 2007 00:38, Greg KH wrote:
> > What would be the ideal workflow for you?  Do you want
> > suggestions/patches against the cvs tree for what would be needed to get
> > the code into mergable state?
>
> Yes, that would work well.  Ultimately I'd like to move to git, but it
> would probably be least disruptive to stick with cvs until comedi is ready
> (or nearly so) for kernel inclusion.

Ok, that's fine, no need to switch source code tools if you don't want
to.

> > Some of the things you might not want in the cvs tree (#ifdef removals
> > for old kernel versions), but the majority should not be an issue
> > (typedef removals, whitespace, proper driver core integration, etc.)

What about these issues?  Will you take patches to remove the backward
compatibility portions of comedi?

How about driver core intergration?  By its very nature that will not
work with older (2.4 and most early 2.6) kernel versions.

Is older-kernel support something that you feel is necessary to support
for a while?

thanks,

greg k-h