Status report, October 16, 2007

Jeffrey C. Ollie schrieb:
> On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 20:59 +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>> Greg KH wrote:
>>
>>> Currently, I'm talking with about 3-4 new companies about more projects,
>>> and am working on a list of external modules that need to get cleaned up
>>> and added to the kernel tree that this project can help out with.
>>>
>>> But what we are really lacking right now is more companies involvement.
>>> If anyone can think of a way to drum up more company interest, please
>>> let me know.
>> Was Linux Driver Project established only to work with companies?
>>
>> There is a considerable amount of working drivers with a free license
>> out there which are not in the main kernel, for various reasons.
>>
>> Here's my short list:
>
> It would be nice to get the Zaptel drivers into the mainline kernel.
> Digium has talked about this from time to time but I don't think that
> they have actually assigned some engineers to the task.

Oh, Zaptel, too.

There are also GPL2 Linux 2.6 drivers called BRIstuff from junghanns.net
for popular cards used with Asterisk: quadBRI/octoBRI,
singleE1/doubleE1, hfc-pci (zaphfc).

It's actively developed for years by Junghanns.NET GmbH, they made their
last release a couple of weeks ago.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org