[linux-usb-devel] Option driver enhancement

Hi,

Marcel Holtmann:
> Are you actually sure that the Option card support
> the multiplexer. Last time I checked it seemed they didn't and use the
> second TTY with a binary protocol instead.

No, I think I specifically said *if*. ;-)

I'll check with the hardware I have.

> HAL actually needs to be fixed to _not_ mark the second TTY as modem
> since it is none.

Well, HAL probably needs to be told (by the kernel driver) what is and
what is not a "real" TTY port. Right now the driver doesn't distinguish
the ports in any useful way.

> At the last Ubuntu developer summit I started a gnome-modem-manager that
> is exactly doing this. I used it since then, but actually never
> published the code. Let me get this online somewhere.

Great!

Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf at smurf.noris.de
 - -
Sometimes the very thing you're looking for
Is the one thing you can't see
		-- Vanessa Williams, "Saved the Best For Last"