Driver Project - Multiple Rejections :(

Andev Debi wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> Lots of people are asking you to sign them up to an announced project.
> It's both depressing for them, and i guess lot of work for you to reply to all
> of them. So why don't u make a list of all projects on the website,
> and since it's
> a wiki, the first user to sign up will tick it to let others know that
> it has been
> taken.

I think that the current system where people motivate why they want todo
something and why they are the right person is a good system.

I think in the end there should be enough work for everyone. I think as this
gets rolling it would be a good idea to take a look at already existing and
stable out of tree drivers which could be integrated into the kernel. I think
there are enough of those to keep us all busy and we would be helping both
end-users and distros a lot by getting most of these drivers merged.

Greg, you said you could name a whole list of these from the top of your head.
If you could make such a list, even if it are just driver names I can do some
googling to find the matching homepages and make a list of this on the wiki.

Regards,

Hans