[1/1] Video DVB driver project

Manu Abraham wrote:
> Greg KH wrote:

>> 	A DMB-TH TV tuner card that is new and not yet on the market
>> 	needs a Linux driver written for the digital demodulator portion
>> 	of the card.  It is a PCI card and I think the tuner, and analog
>> 	portion already are supported by Linux.  The card isn't availble
>> 	yet, but will be soon, and some development can be done before
>> 	getting the hardware.  The company involved wants to manage the
>> 	project and might require signing an NDA to get the specs for
>> 	the device (this is still not certian.)
>>
>> Estimated skills needed:
>> 	PCI video DVB driver experience.
>> 	This is not a good "first driver" type project.
>>

> Will pick it up
>
> quite a lot of experience with DVB . :-)
>
> Manu

Although one question here.

Are they expecting userspace support ie, MSC streams support ? Currently
under Linux we don't have any userspace support for MSC streams data
service, but just MPEG2 Transport Stream alone.

ie currently we don't have any apps yet, that we can test the streams,
except for checking the MPEG2 Transport Stream.

Or do they require more than a driver delivering a MPEG2 TS as per the
Linux DVB definition ?

Manu