Re: [RFC] Documentation for /dev/efi_test

On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 22:49:09 +0100
Heinrich Schuchardt <xypron.glpk@xxxxxx> wrote:

> to test UEFI runtime services we have CONFIG_EFI_TEST which provides
> /dev/efi_test and a bunch of IOCTLs for excercising the runtime services
> (cf. drivers/firmware/efi/test/efi_test.h).
>
> Currently there is no user documentation for this ABI.
>
> Where should the documentation for the ABI be put in the documentation
> tree? Is this Documentation/ABI/stable/?

To date, nobody has documented ioctl() interfaces under Documentation/ABI;
this probably isn't the time to start.  The best way to document it might
be to put your testing code in the tools/testing directory.  You could
also add something to the userspace-api manual as well, but that might
increase your chances of being committed to maintaining that interface
forever...

Thanks,

jon