Tweak MAINTAINERS text to match get_maintainer.pl?

I rcently submitted a patch to the WILC1000 staging driver. I erred by
only sending it to the people listed for that driver in the MAINTAINERS
file, and missed gregkh and the devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx list.

Now, get_maintainer.pl does output those addresses, as they cover all of
drivers/staging/, but I was misled by the text in MAINTAINERS "When
reading this list, please look for the most precise areas first."

I took that to mean that the specific superseded the general, but
apparently I'm supposed to take the union.

Except that I'm pretty sure Linus is meant to be a fallback, not
Cc:ed on every driver patch.

So I'm confused about what the actual rules are.  But if they're encoded
in check_maintainer.pl, could the text in MAINTAINERS be updated to match?
Thank you.