Re: Sphinx parallel build errors

On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 19:30:56 -0700
Kees Cook <keescook@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm wondering if it's actually the addition of
> the MAINTAINERS file parsing -- that's a really big parse and maybe that
> pushed things over the edge?

That does seem like a likely culprit, doesn't it?  Watching a build here,
though, I don't see that any one of the sphinx-build processes balloons to
a horrific size, which is what I would expect if one file were causing the
problem.

In general, the sphinx build doesn't really begin to approach the memory
requirements of, say, firefox or my mail client on my system.

Randy, I'd be curious to know if you see the same behavior with current
mainline.  Also, can you see how many sphinx-build processes you have
running?

Thanks,

jon