Re: imgmath and PDF output

Em Thu, 25 Aug 2016 10:47:50 -0300
Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Em Thu, 25 Aug 2016 15:03:16 +0200
> Markus Heiser <markus.heiser@xxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
>
> > Hi Jon, Mauro, Jani,
> >
> > today I tested imgmath, it worked well, but needs an
> > additional dvipng installation ...
> >
> > What do you think, should we document the prerequisites
> > on different linux distributions to build documentation
> > with sphinx.ext.imgmath and PDF output?
> >
> > What I mean, in the meantime we have two PDF applications,
> > the imgmath uses "latex" (plus dvipng) and the PDF output
> > uses "xetex".
> >
> > I tested on a ubuntu 16.04 sandbox, so my experience is,
> > on a debian based system it should be enough to install
> > *base*, *xetex* and *recommended* -TeX packages, the
> > imgmath extensions needs an additional dvipng package::
> >
> >    sudo apt-get install \
> >          dvipng texlive-base texlive-xetex \
> >          texlive-latex-recommended

Double-checked: on Ubuntu Xenial, from an LXC image created from
scratch, those are the needed packages:
	apt-get install texlive-xetex python3-sphinx python3-sphinx-rtd-theme ttf-dejavu dvipng make gcc

I found weird that it would need gcc for html generation, but without it,
the Kernel build doesn't work:

	$ make htmldocs
	make: gcc: Command not found
	make: gcc: Command not found
	  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
	/bin/sh: 1: gcc: not found
	scripts/Makefile.host:107: recipe for target 'scripts/basic/fixdep' failed

With the above packages, I checked for htmldocs, latexdocs, pdfdocs
and epubdocs makefile targets.

Thanks,
Mauro