Re: Troubles with kernel-doc and RST files

On Tue, 19 Jul 2016 12:00:24 +0200
Markus Heiser <markus.heiser@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I recommend to consider to switch to the python version of the parser.
> I know, that there is a natural shyness about a reimplementation in python
> and thats why I offer to support it for a long time period .. it would
> be a joy for me ;-)
>
> If you interested in, I could send a RFC patch for this, if not please
> give the reasons why not.

We've had this discussion already...  The problem is not with "python",
it's with "reimplementation".  We have enough moving parts in this
transition already; tossing in a wholesale replacement of a tool that,
for all of its many faults, embodies a couple decades worth of experience
just doesn't seem like the right thing to do at this time.

I will be happy to entertain the idea of a new kernel-doc in the future;
trust me, I have no emotional attachment to the current one.  But please
let's solidify what we have now first.  There's enough stuff to deal with
as it is.

Thanks,

jon