Re: make pdfdocs

Hello,

On Thu, 22 Feb 2024 10:10:03 +0300, Иван Иванович wrote:
> Good afternoon, yes <'maxlistdepth': '10',> solves the problem.
>

> When building, the following error occurs:
> latexmk -xelatex  'translations.tex'
> The log file is attached.

> ------------
> Running 'xdvipdfmx -E -o "translations.pdf"  "translations.xdv"'
> ------------
> translations.xdv -> translations.pdf
> [1][2][3
> xdvipdfmx:fatal: Invalid TTC index number

I think you have a variable-font of Noto Sans CJK fonts.

Please see this message of mine in the lore archive:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-doc/64908dd3-17c9-47e3-a076-d78105fb823b@xxxxxxxxx/

You have two options:

1)  If you don't need CJK pages in translations.pdf, removing texlive-xecjk
    will surpress CJK pages in PDF.  (This is not mentioned in the message above)

2)  If you need CJK pages, as mentioned in the linked message above,
    removing google-noto-sans-cjk-vf-fonts and google-noto-serif-cjk-vf-fonts
    should resolve the issue.

[...]

> Is required to compile the documentation since sphinx 5 or higher, I think that
> Documentation/sphinx/requirements.txt
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/sphinx/requirements.txt?h=v6.8-rc5
> does not make sense, since Sphinx 2.4.4 will not work without errors

We are aware of the breakage of requirements.txt.
This issue is not addressed yet.  Honestly speaking, we have not
reached a consensus on the way forward.

Sphinx 2.4.4 can still be installed by following Jani's suggestion
at https://lore.kernel.org/linux-doc/87y1cgm1nc.fsf@xxxxxxxxx/

Thank you for testing documentation build and reporting issues.

BR, Akira