Re: Converting manpages from asciidoc to rst2man ?

Dimitri John Ledkov <dimitri.ledkov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I was going through build-depends on linux kernel in Ubuntu and I
> noticed that whilst most documentation and man-pages are written in
> Rst format, there are a few that require asciidoc.
>
> $ git grep -l asciidoc -- '*Makefile*'
> tools/kvm/kvm_stat/Makefile
> tools/lib/perf/Documentation/Makefile
> tools/perf/Documentation/Makefile
> tools/perf/Makefile.perf

Interesting...I was unaware of those...

> Are both Rst and asciidoc preferred in the kernel Documentation? Or
> should we upgrade kvm_stat & perf manpages from asciidoc to rst2man?

In general we don't have a lot of man pages in the kernel, so it's not
something we've put a lot of thought into.  Ideally, I suppose, it would
be nice to get all of those man pages integrated into the RST docs
build, but it's not something that is likely to inspire any great sense
of urgency.

Thanks,

jon