New theme - Alabaster for Kernel Documentation

Hi all,
The design of the new "alabaster" theme used for Kernel documentation
is nice and minimalistic, but I notice one issue with its navigational
feature: In the "Alabaster" theme, the TOC appears at the top of the
page. For documents with multiple headings, this design creates a
usability issue by forcing the reader to scroll past a long TOC to get
to the actual content. The previous "RTD" theme used a left navigation
bar that allowed users to quickly navigate to the desired content.

To try and compare both, please open the index page of the "alabaster"
theme given below:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/dev-tools/index.html
and the "RTD" theme given below:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v6.0-rc7/dev-tools/index.html
and navigate to the KUnit page. You'll notice it takes more time to
land on the KUnit page when using the alabaster theme.

With the "RTD" theme, the navigation sidebar links to other pages
(parents, siblings, children, and all top-level pages) as shown below:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/dev-tools/kunit/index.html#
Alabaster only shows headings as shown below:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/dev-tools/kunit/index.html#
making it effectively useless for navigation. This is particularly a
problem for the KUnit documentation, which relies heavily on being
able to find related pages. Currently to navigate to the related
pages, the reader has to return to the Home page, use the search bar,
or manually edit the URL (i.e, only if you know the chapter or section
name).

So, after comparing both the themes, could we modify the sidebar to
match the "rtd" behaviour if there is a way to do so? If not, would it
be sensible to either include this support in the "alabaster" theme or
even temporarily roll back the change until we find a solution?

It'd be great to hear your thoughts on this.

Thanks,
Sadiya