Re: does this sort of patch fall under the mandate of linux-doc?

On 09/02/2012 06:37 PM, Rob Landley wrote:
On 08/23/2012 08:36 PM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

   for the purposes of writing some courseware, i'd like -- as much as
possible -- to just grab chunks of header files and have them be
self-documenting.  so i'd be interested in occasionally submitting
patches like the following:

Seems like fun, but responsibility in linux-kernel is parseled out by
directory. I do stuff under Documentation/

You can diff /dev/null with the file in question (from just above the
"linux" dir so the -p1 level is right) and the run it through
scripts/get_maintainer.evil and when I just did that include/linux/fs.h
said:

Matthew Wilcox <matthew@xxxxxx> (maintainer:FILE LOCKING (flo...)
linux-fsdevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (open list:FILE LOCKING (flo...)
linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (open list)

If you cc: me I can ack 'em, but it's best to get the labeled
maintainers onboard so the merge infrastructure doesn't complain the
diffstat is touching the wrong stuff. (This is in a position to be
automated. I don't think Linus bothers, he just eyeballs it, but some of
the people under him do.)

I would (and do) send general fs patches to Al Viro.  and he merges them.