Re: couple questions about kerneldoc

>   first, what is the function of the "X" prefix, as in this from
> networking.tmpl:
>
> <!-- FIXME: Removed for now since no structured comments in source
>      <sect1><title>Wireless</title>
> X!Enet/core/wireless.c
>      </sect1>
> -->
>
>   is that just a way of commenting out a kerneldoc directive?  if so,
> the surrounding XML comment would seem to be superfluous, unless "X"
> does something different.

AFAICT, the XML comment is sufficient.

scripts/docproc.c handles these:
 * 1) Lines containing !E
 * 2) Lines containing !I
 * 3) Lines containing !D
 * 4) Lines containing !F
 * 5) Lines containing !P
 * 6) Lines containing !C

>   also, in explanation file kernel-doc-nano-HOWTO.txt, we read the
> explanation about the .tmpl file prefixes:
>
> ... snip ...
> !E<filename> is replaced by the documentation, in <filename>, for
> functions that are exported using EXPORT_SYMBOL: the function list is
> collected from files listed in Documentation/DocBook/Makefile.
>
> !I<filename> is replaced by the documentation for functions that are
> _not_ exported using EXPORT_SYMBOL.
>
> !D<filename> is used to name additional files to search for functions
> exported using EXPORT_SYMBOL.
> ... snip ...
>
>   first, how does "!D" differ from "!E", it's not clear from the
> above.  also, it seems that "!D" is broken anyway, from that same
> networking.tmpl file:
>
> <!-- The !D functionality is not perfect, garbage has to be protected by comments
> !Dnet/sunrpc/sunrpc_syms.c
> -->
>
>   if "!D" doesn't work, that should be clear, don't you think?

Sure, or fixed or even deleted since nothing is currently using !D
AFAICT.

--
~Randy