Follow along at home on the Documentation patches...

I recently found a second multiline 00-INDEX entry (this one in networking),
so I updated the make/docdiridx.py script to handle that.

I also added a make/missing.sh script although it's temporary so I'm not
putting it in the repository.  (It's in http://kernel.org/doc/make though).
It reads (with some unfortunate word wrapping):

#!/bin/bash

for i in $(find `make/doclinkcheck.py | grep Documentation |
sed -r 's@(.*)/.*@\1@' | sort -u` -maxdepth 1 -name 00-INDEX |
sed 's@00-INDEX$@@')
  do make/doclinkcheck.py | grep "$i[^/]*"
done

This filters the output of make/doclinkcheck.py to show me just the "hidden"
files, I.E. files in directories with a 00-INDEX but which aren't listed in
that index.  After wasting far more time than I expected fighting with things
like Documentation/video4linux I'm focusing on updating the incomplete
00-INDEX files first, and then I can put up a hybrid approach where some
directories list their contents and others have an index.html file.

Long-term I still plan to address the _entire_ output of doclinkcheck, and
then once that's all done I can use that output directly to check for
regressions.  That's why the "show me just this particular subset" is
temporary...

And as I mentioned before, lots of patches accumulating in
http://kernel.org/doc/make/patches most of which have been bounced off the
appropriate lists already but who knows when they'll go _in_.  And more to
come.  Yes, I emailed Andrew Morton about this directory. :)

Rob
  - Ken Thompson.
-