Re: Indexing (work in progress)

On Monday 06 August 2007 6:54:57 pm Rob Landley wrote:
> But indexing involves going through years of accumulated existing data,
> reading it, and attempting to put it in a coherent order.  And there are
> many existing sources of Linux kernel documentation beyond linux-kernel.
> Some of the biggest ones are:
>
> - Documentation/ (in the kernel tarball).
> - Random web stuff (discussions on other development lists, articles in
> other online magazines, HOWTOs written by individual developers, IBM
>   developerworks, ars technica, universities, conferences...)

By the way, I'm _not_ linking to stuff like http://www.linux-mag.com/id/2617/
which requires a login to view.  As far as I'm concerned, I don't have a
license to that content.  End of story.  (A pity, some of it's good, but they
made the rules about access to their content and I'm not going to give free
advertising to idiots while frustrating my users.)

Rob
  - Ken Thompson.
-