RE: crypto: starfive: kernel oops when unloading jh7110_crypto module and loading it again

Hi Alex/Aurelian
> On 26/08/2024 04:04, JiaJie Ho wrote:
> >> I have been testing the jh7110_crypto module on a VisionFive 1.2a
> >> board, running a 6.11-rc4 kernel. To benchmark the crypto with and
> >> without acceleration, I have unloaded the module, and later on I loaded it
> again.
> >> Unloading it works fine, but when loading it again, I get the
> >> following kernel
> >> oops:
> >>
> > Hi, I'll investigate it. Thanks for reporting this.
>

> Did you have time to look into this?

The AES ccm mode will intermittently produce a wrong tag for non-blocksize
aligned plaintext after few thousand ops.
I'll verify this with the hardware team and submit a patch to disable ccm.
Please do not use ccm for now.

Thanks again for discovering this and sorry for the late response.

Best regards,
Jia Jie