Re: HASH_MAX_DESCSIZE warn_on on init tfm with HMAC template

On Mon, Sep 23, 2024 at 12:39:11PM +0530, Harsh Jain wrote:

> What should be the preferred fix for this.
> 1. Increase the size of HASH_MAX_DESCSIZE macro by 8.
> 2. Register "versal-sha3-384" as ahash algo.

Please hold onto your algorithm for a while.  When I'm done with
the multibuffer ahash interface hopefully we can say goodbye to
shash once and for all.

The plan is to allow ahash users to supply virtual pointer addresses
instead to SG lists (if they wish), and the API will provide help
to the drivers by automatically copying them and turning them into
SG lists.

For the shash algorithms the API will walk the input data for them
and if the input is a virtual pointer, then there will be no overhead
at all.

Thanks,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>