Re: Intermittent EHEALTH Failure in FIPS Mode - jitterentropy jent_entropy_init() in Kernel 6.6.14

Am Donnerstag, 8. August 2024, 08:10:15 MESZ schrieb Herbert Xu:

Hi Herbert,

> On Thu, Aug 08, 2024 at 07:56:39AM +0200, Stephan Mueller wrote:
> > The user-space version uses an OSR of 3. Using this value, I have not
> > heard of any problems. I will prepare a patch.
>
> Thanks Stephan.  Jeff, could you please let us know if the value of 3
> fixes your problems?

However, the heart of the problem is the following: This failure mode is
probabilistic in nature. A number of folks trying to push rules that the
failure does not need to be handled with a panic.

A changed OSR only changes the probability, but that probability is always
strictly higher than zero.

> Cheers,

Ciao
Stephan