Re: Linux 6.5 broke iwd

Hi Herbert,

OK, we need to take a step back.  The commits that you're testing
are all known to be buggy.

So please tell me what exactly is the problem with the latest kernel
and then we can work it back from there.

Looks like something took out the ability to run sign/verify without a hash on asymmetric keys.

If you have a reproducer that works on the latest kernel that would
be great.

Easiest is to run the ell unit test:

[denkenz@archdev tmp]$ git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/libs/ell/ell.git
[denkenz@archdev tmp]$ cd ell
[denkenz@archdev ell]$ ./bootstrap-configure
[denkenz@archdev ell]$ make -j16
[denkenz@archdev ell]$ unit/test-key
TEST: unsupported
TEST: user key
TEST: Diffie-Hellman 1
TEST: Diffie-Hellman 2
TEST: Diffie-Hellman 3
TEST: simple keyring
TEST: trusted keyring
TEST: trust chain
TEST: key crypto
test-key: unit/test-key.c:624: test_key_crypto: Assertion `len == sizeof(ciphertext)' failed.

Regards,
-Denis