your patch "crypto: api - Fix built-in testing dependency failures"

Herbert,

unexpectedly after updating to 5.16 on one of my systems (the 1st one
I tried) btrfs.ko would not load anymore. Since this did happen before,
I inspected module dependencies, but they were all fine. Nevertheless
it was libcrc32c.ko which actually failed to load, but the error
("Accessing a corrupted shared library") wasn't very helpful. Until I
spotted crypto_alg_lookup(), and "only" a few steps I found this commit
of yours. The problem, ultimately, is that all of the sudden
cryptomgr.ko needs to be available in initrd. Without any module having
a dependency on it, it wouldn't get pulled in automatically. And there
was no need for it before (until later in the boot process, when / was
already mounted).

Can this be addressed in some way, i.e. is there a way to re-work your
change to remove the dependency again?

Thanks, Jan