Beginner's questions

Hello everyone!

I have a very great interest in improving the linux kernel, with
special regards to cryptography.
However, due to my lack of knowledge, I do not know exactly how can I do so.
Thus, I have a few questions regarding this:

How exactly do I start contributing to the linux-crypto subsystem?
Where can I find a list of bugs (or other issues, for that matter)
that need to be addressed?
What should I know in order to be able to contribute to the
linux-crypto subsystem?

Sincerely,

Arthur