question regarding crypto driver DMA issue

Hi,

I have a question on behalf of a customer of ours trying to use the inside-secure crypto
API driver. They are experiencing issues with result data not arriving in the result buffer.
This seems to have something to do with not being able to DMA to said buffer, as they
can workaround the issue by explicitly allocating a DMA buffer on the fly and copying
data from there to the original destination.

The problem I have is that I do not have access to their hardware and the driver seems
to work just fine on any hardware  (both x64 and ARM64) I have available here, so I
have to approach this purely theoretically ...

For the situation where this problem is occuring, the actual buffers are stored inside
the ahash_req structure. So my question is: is there any reason why this structure may
not be DMA-able on some systems? (as I have a hunch that may be the problem ...)

Regards,
Pascal van Leeuwen
Silicon IP Architect Multi-Protocol Engines, Rambus Security
Rambus ROTW Holding BV
+31-73 6581953

Note: The Inside Secure/Verimatrix Silicon IP team was recently acquired by Rambus.
Please be so kind to update your e-mail address book with my new e-mail address.

** This message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). It may contain information that is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are prohibited from printing, copying, forwarding or saving it. Please delete the message and attachments and notify the sender immediately. **

Rambus Inc.<http://www.rambus.com>