Re: jitterentropy_rng on armv5 embedded target

Hello, Stephan,

Am Freitag, 8. Mai 2020, 13:58:14 CEST schrieb Stephan Mueller:
> > (Although those daemons would solve my problem, I currently try
> > to avoid them, because memory on my platform is very restricted and every
> > additional running userspace process costs at least around 1 MB.)
>
> If you compile it and you also have AF_ALG for RNGs compiled, you can use it
> through the AF_ALG interface (see [1] for a library). But IMHO if you are
> space-constrained, you do not want that code.
>
> Rather use the jitterentropy-library from [2] and link it straight from your
> application.

That would be dropbear or openssl (and applications using libssl). While that
would certainly be nice, I fear it's out of my scope. ;-)

> > If so, then how is it supposed to be set up?
>
> It is intended for in-kernel purposes (namely to seed its DRBG).

Okay and DRBG has nothing to do with /dev/random ? Then where do the random
numbers for that come from (in the current or previous kernels without your
new lrng)?

Curious
Alex