Hardware ANSI X9.31 PRNG, handling multiple context?

As part of my EIP93 crypto module I would like to implement the PRNG.
This is intented to be used to automaticly insert an IV for IPSEC /
full ESP processing, but can be used "just as PRNG" and its full ANSI
X9.31 compliant.

Looking over the code in "ansi_cprng.c" I can implement the none "FIPS"
part since it doesnt require a reseed everytime. For full FIPS it needs
to be seeded by the user which means if I do this in Hardware I can not
"switch" seeds or reseed with another one from another context becasue
that would not give the expected results.

Is it acceptable to only implement "none-fips" and/or return an error
(-EBUSY ?) when more than 1 call occurs to "cra_init" before the
previous user called "cra_exit" ?

Richard