Key endianness?

Herbert,

I'm currently busy fixing some endianness related sparse errors reported
by this kbuild test robot and this triggered my to rethink some endian
conversion being done in the inside-secure driver.

I actually wonder what the endianness is of the input key data, e.g. the
"u8 *key" parameter to the setkey function.

I also wonder what the endianness is of the key data in a structure
like "crypto_aes_ctx", as filled in by the aes_expandkey function.

Since I know my current endianness conversions work on a little endian
CPU, I guess the big question is whether the byte order of this key
data is _CPU byte order_ or always some _fixed byte order_ (e.g. as per
algorithm specification).

I know I have some customers using big-endian CPU's, so I do care, but
I unfortunately don't have any platform available to test this with.

Regards,
Pascal van Leeuwen
Silicon IP Architect, Multi-Protocol Engines @ Verimatrix
www.insidesecure.com