Re: CAVS test harness

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 7:07 PM Bhat, Jayalakshmi Manjunath
<jayalakshmi.bhat@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Gilad,
>
> Thank you very much for the response. I am an entry level engineer when it comes to Linux Kernel.  I have gone through the testmgr. I am not very clear on how to use it for KAT (Known answer tests), MMT and MCT tests.
> Also I am not clear on how to use it with various test vectors for AES, SHA, HMAC, DRBG and RSA
>
> If you point me any example on how to use it, it will provide me a direction to use it.

testmgr automatically runs KAT tests for every crypto protocol that
registers with the kernel at the time of registration. You don't have
to do anything for it to work (except avoiding disabling it - there is
a kernel config option to do that at build time but it is not the
default).
This is typically either at boot for statically built drivers or at
module load time for dynamically built drivers.

If the test fails the specific implementation of that crypto algorithm
will be disabled and if running in FIPS enforcement mode the entire
system will be shut down.

I am not sure what MMT and MCT tests are.

I hope this helped.
Gilad