RE: Can scatterlist elements cross page boundary ?

Hi Christophe,

I ran into a similar issue with the Inside Secure driver.

If I understood correctly, scatter buffers do not need to be enclosed in a single page as long as the scatter buffer as a whole is contiguous in memory. So it can be multiple pages, but then they have to be back-to-back in physical/device memory.

The latter should be guaranteed by the kernel allocator.

Regards,

Pascal van Leeuwen
Silicon IP Architect, Multi-Protocol Engines, Inside Secure

Tel. : +31 (0)73 65 81 900

www.insidesecure.com