Re: crypto: akcipher: userspace API?

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 12:52:28PM +0200, Marek Behun wrote:

> I would like to ask what is the current status of the userspace
> akcipher crypto API.
>
> The last patches I found are from 2017
> https://marc.info/?t=150234726200004&r=1&w=2 and were not applied.

The akcipher kernel API is still in a state of flux.  See the
recent work on ecrdsa for example which affected the RSA API.

Until that settles down I will not allow akcipher to be exported
through af_alg as that would commit us to that API forever.

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>