Re: [RFC/RFT PATCH 18/18] crypto: run initcalls for generic implementations earlier

On Tue, Apr 09, 2019 at 11:16:09AM -0700, Eric Biggers wrote:

> All modules are already loaded, but there's no "adiantum(xchacha12,aes)"
> algorithm directly available so it has be instantiated using the template.
>
> Then with CONFIG_CRYPTO_MANAGER_EXTRA_TESTS=y, the self-tests for the
> accelerated instance will allocate a generic instance to compare it against.
> This causes the generic instance to be tested and registered first, so the first
> user will get the generic instance, not the accelerated one as expected.

Thanks for the explanation Eric.

This sounds like a bug in how we mature the larvals where we should
not fulfil an outstanding request against an existing larval if a
higher-priority larval is still waiting for test completion.  Let me
see if I can come up with a fix for it.

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>