Re: [Bug] Rockchip crypto driver sometimes produces wrong ciphertext

On Sun, Apr 07, 2019 at 07:12:43PM +0000, Pascal Van Leeuwen wrote:

> Then where is this specified? Because I read through all the Kernel Crypto
> API documentation multiple times, but I have not been able to find ANY
> reference to any output IV being stored anywhere.
> Yes, I can infer from the source code that this is what the standard CBC
> wrapper does, but that may just as well have been a side-effect of that
> particular implementation.

Patches to improve the documentation are welcome.

> So why would we fail and disable crypto drivers that have been working
> perfectly fine so far on their true use cases just because of some purely
> theoretical "part of the API" that may just as well be personal opinion?

Any drivers not obeying this API rule will be broken when used
in conjunction with algif_skcipher as well as templates such as
cts.

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>