Re: PBKDF2 support in the linux kernel

Am Donnerstag, 24. Mai 2018, 04:45:00 CEST schrieb Eric Biggers:

Hi Eric,

> "Not having to rely on any third-party library" is not an excuse to add
> random code to the kernel, which runs in a privileged context.  Please do
> PBKDF2 in userspace instead.

I second that. Besides, if you really need to rely on the kernel crypto API to
do that because you do not want to add yet another crypto lib, libkcapi has a
PBKDF2 implementation that uses the kernel crypto API via AF_ALG. I.e. the
kernel crypto API is used and yet the PBKDF logic is in user space.

http://www.chronox.de/libkcapi.html

Ciao
Stephan